Frequently asked questions
Using member services
- I need an attendant; can they travel with me? Yes, attendants can travel with the passenger free of charge. Just make sure you tell the dispatcher when you book that you will have an attendant with you.
- Will the driver wait for me? We ensure you get home safely; the driver will either wait for you and will return to pick you up at the agreed upon time.
- How much will it cost and how do I pay? Each organization has its own fee scale due to variability of funding sources. Contact your local provider for details.
How are the RTA member organizations funded?
- Our organizations are supported in part by the Community Transportation Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program (NS-TRIP) of the Department of Municipal Affairs. In 2013-2014 CTAP funding provided 22.5% ($637,473) of the overall combined budgets ($2,183,353) for the fourteen organizations.
- We also rely on partnerships with municipalities, local businesses, health care groups, fund raising and fares
In real numbers, what kind of impact are the RTA member organizations making?
From April 2013 to March 2014 (including 4th quarter estimates):
- Total one-way passenger trips: 122,000+
- Total kilometres driven: 1,767,000+km
- Total accessible vehicles: 44
- Total non-accessible vehicles: 16
- Total drivers employed: 59
- Total volunteer drivers: 55
For more information, email email@example.com or contact the member organization nearest you!